Updated: May 23, 2018
1. General information
The privacy of your personal data is a primary concern of myself, Dan Mironescu, as the owner and administrator of the blog smashingrobotics.com, based in Bucharest, Romania, in compliance with Regulation (EU) 679 of April 27th, 2016, better known as the GDPR.
This page is intended to inform you about the processing of your personal data in the context of using the smashingrobotics.com website, hereinafter referred to as the “Site”.
2. Categories of processed personal data
Data is collected for statistical purposes only, and only data you provide is collected while using the Site, as you will see in chapter 3 below.
By accessing this site, the following personal data are processed: IP and browser used.
Only data you provide is collected if you use the contact form and only in the context of using the Site.
If you subscribe to the newsletter the e-mail you provide is processed.
3. The purposes and bases of the processing
If you are a visitor to the Site, I process your personal data as follows:
IP and browser used: only collected for statistical purposes, these are not processed further in any way.
Basis: collection of the above data is automatically made by the server operating system on which the Site operates, without the control of me. The server generates a log file that passes all of this data along with the time of accessing the Site. If you do not want this data to be collected, it becomes impossible to access the Site since no session can be established.
Data you provide when using the contact form or subscribing to the newsletter.
Basis: Only the details and e-mail address you provide are collected for the sole purpose of me being able to reply to questions or issues you have submitted, or to receive e-mail notifications you have opted for. Data is not processed further in any way.
4. The length of time we are processing your data
As a matter of principle, I will process your personal data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the above mentioned processing goals.
5. Disclosure of personal data
Your personal data is not disclosed nor submitted to anyone or any service.
Data will be disclosed only if requested by legal authorities or if you violate the terms and conditions of this website.
6. Storage of personal data
The above-mentioned personal data is stored on HostVision SRL servers in Cluj, Romania, where all the smashingrobotics.com blog’s files and its database are located. Any backups are stored on my own PC or online in European Union countries.
7. Transfer of personal data
Personal data provided to the Site may be transferred outside of Romania, but only to countries in the European Union, for instance if changing the hosting provider.
8. The rights you benefit from
Under the conditions set out in the legislation on the processing of personal data, you are entitled to the following rights:
- the right to information, i.e. the right to receive details of the processing activities carried out by Dan Mironescu, as described in this document;
- the right of access to data, i.e. the right to obtain confirmation from the site administrator regarding the processing of personal data, as well as details of the processing activities such as the way the data are processed, the purpose of the processing, the recipients or categories of data recipients etc.;
- the right to rectification, i.e. the right to obtain inaccurate or unjustified personal data, as well as the completion of incomplete data, without undue delay by the Site Administrator — The rectification/completion shall be communicated to each recipient to whom the data were transmitted, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate efforts;
- the right to delete the data without undue delay (“the right to be forgotten”) if one of the following applies:
- they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
- if consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- if the data subject opposes processing and there are no legitimate reasons to prevail;
- where personal data has been processed unlawfully;
- if personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation;
- personal data has been collected in connection with the provision of information society services in accordance with Union or national law under which the operator is located.
It is possible that, following the request for data deletion, the Site Administrator will anonymize this data (thus depriving it of its personal character) and continue processing for statistical purposes under these conditions;
- the right to restrict the processing to the extent that:
- the person disputes the accuracy of the data for a period that allows verification of the correctness of the data;
- processing is illegal and the data subject opposes the deletion of personal data, but instead calls for restrictions on their use;
- the operator no longer requires personal data for processing, but the data subject requests them to find, exercise or defend a right in court;
- the data subject opposed to processing (other than direct marketing) for the time period during which it is verified that the legitimate rights of the operator prevail over the data subject’s.
- the right to data portability, respectively (i) the right to receive personal data in a structured way, commonly used in an easy-to-read format, and (ii) the right to have such data transmitted by the administrator of the Site to another data operator, provided that the conditions provided by law are met;
- the right to object – in respect of processing activities may be exercised by submitting a request as indicated below:
- at any time, for reasons related to the particular circumstances of the data subject, that the data that is intended to be processed under the legitimate interest of the Site Administrator or the public interest, unless the Site Administrator can demonstrate that he has legitimate and compelling reasons which justify the processing and which prevails over the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or that the purpose is to establish, exercise or defend a right in court;
- the right not to be subject to an automatic individual decision, that is to say, the right not to be the subject of a decision taken solely on the basis of automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning the data subject or affects it similarly a significant measure;
- the right to address you to the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing or to the competent courts, to the extent that you consider it necessary.
For any additional questions regarding the way personal data is processed and to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us via the contact form or at office at smashingrobotics.com .